By posting on this forum, you agree to the following rules and accept the consequences of breaking them.
(These rules apply to all of the sub-forums AND the chat section)
1. Harassment, excessive profanity, and ill-humored trolling will not be tolerated. A first offense will receive an unofficial warning from a moderator, and further offenses will receive an official warning.
2. Posts about pirating, cracking, or otherwise illegally obtaining software will be deleted. A warning may be given at the moderators' discretion. (this also includes any illegal codes or passwords)
3. No duplicate threads. It's pretty simple - don't post the same topic twice. If you do, one of them will be deleted. Again, warnings may be given if a habit develops.
4. Self-promotion outside of the "Share Your Music" section should be kept to a minimum. If it is irrelevant to the topic, it will be deleted and a warning may be issued. (Please note - if you are using your track as an example for educational means, that is not a problem.)
5. Do not post links to your tracks in chat unless you are asked to or have permission from a moderator to do so. This also goes for posting links to threads in the 'Share Your Music' section containing your tracks. Do not post other links that are irrelevant to the conversation.
6. No spamming. Keep thread-bumping low. Resurrected threads that became inactive months ago may be locked.
7. Do not place your post in an inappropriate sub-forum just to get 'more traffic' or a different audience. Threads in the wrong place will only be moved immediately by a moderator to the appropriate sub-forum.
Extra chat rules
8. Do not embed pictures, soundcloud tracks, youtube videos, or basically anything that takes more space than regular text in the chat. Do not unnecessarily change your text size.
9. Reminder: Do NOT post links to your music in the chat without permission.
10. Stay nice to new or inexperienced producers. Since a chat is more real time than a forum post, it gives you less time to find the right words to express yourself. If you cannot do this in a friendly manner, don't do it at all.
If a user receives 3 warnings, he or she will be banned. It's that simple - 3 strikes and you're out.
Last thing to note: people make mistakes. We understand this - we've made plenty of them ourselves! If you are given a warning that you think is unfair, please contact the moderator who issued the warning. If it was indeed unfair, the warning will be retracted. We are not cruel, just that we like to act that way.
Also, if you get a warning, and do not get another for 3 months, the first will be removed. Note- that only applies to the first warning. If you get another warning after the first one is removed, it is permanent.
Please contact a moderator or an administrator if you have any questions.
-Your BIAB Staff
These rules can be updated and modified at any time and by using this forum you agree to abide by these rules as changed at all times.